The Biggest Airlines in the World
No doubt that the aviation industry is growing rapidly. The demand for airline transport for both tourism and for commercial purposes is at its peak point. As of 2018, the number of passengers who prefer airway transportation has increased 8 times compared to the past 40 years. In other words, the demand has increased a staggering 700%! But how do airlines cope with the demand? What do they do to improve themselves to get a piece of the aviation cake? Every aviation-related business has much to learn from the biggest airlines in the world.
What defines the size of an airline? Its fleet size, revenue, profit, passengers carried, assets value, market capitalization, number of employees, number of countries or destinations served are several of the possible elements to determine the size of an airline.
Big Data of the Biggest Airlines in the World
- Airline Names which are the official names of the airlines as well as the slug names of airlines,Codes which includes Aviation Edge internal codes, IATA codes, IATA prefix and IATA accounting codes as well as ICAO codes,
- Codes which includes Aviation Edge internal codes, IATA codes, IATA prefix and IATA accounting codes as well as ICAO codes,
- Related data which is the IATA code of the Hub airport of the airline and the name and ISO code of the related country
- Airline details which includes the status of the airline (active, closed, renamed etc.), the type of the airline (scheduled, charter, cargo, private services etc.), founding year, fleet size and also the average age of fleet,
- Contact information including airline’s website and social media addresses such as Twitter, Facebook and general communication info such as phone number (when available).
As of 2019
By fleet size, revenue, profit, total passengers: American Airlines Group
By number of employees: Lufthansa Group,
By freight tonne-kilometers: FedEx Express
By number of countries served: Turkish Airlines
By destinations served: UPS Airlines are the biggest airlines in the world.
You can reach the data of the biggest airlines in the World both as a standalone download or through our APIs. Airlines Database, just like all of our databases is available for download Excel, csv or sql format.
Although, we strongly recommend our Premium packages. They include all of our APIs, 24/7 support, an incredible up-time, SLA and much more. This way, you are able to combine the data of the largest airlines in the World with other aviation data.
To find out more and see the database download and Premium subscription options, click the buttons on the right and get started. Free Trial available.
For any questions or feedback you may have, contact us.
Try Our Data
Get a Free Sample of our databases or get the API key right away here:
Flight Tracker API
Aviation Edge Flight Tracker API provides detailed data on live, airborne flights. The data is aggregated from…
Flight Schedules API
The Schedules API service provides the flight schedules and timetables of all airports and airlines around the world…
Airline Routes API
The Airline Routes API provides the data about the routes between all the airports an airline operates on. The service…
Flight Delay API
The Flight Delay API service provides historical flight schedule and timetables data of all airports and airlines around the world. …
Our databases are categorized as airport database, aircraft database, airline database, city database, country database, aviation taxes…
Get the Free API now!
Get our free API here or by clicking the button below. Fill in the basic form and test the power of our API with the free version. Consult our Premium page for our offers.